My favorite thing to spice up a protein is this mango salsa. I use it on white fish like halibut, fish tacos, and chicken and it really elevates a meal. Sweet from the mango and a nice hit of acid from the lime with a crunch from the jicama, these flavors practically dance on your tastebuds. And add the jalapeño if you like a bit of a kick! And if mangos aren’t in season, pineapple is a great swap.
- 2 large or 3 small mangos (my personal favorite is ataulfo mangos), diced
- 1 small or 1/2 large jicama, diced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and ribbed, minced (optional)
- 1 fistful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, minced (optional)
- Chili lime seasoning from Trader Joes for sprinkling on top for an extra punch (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
Toss all ingredients in a bowl and use to top your favorite protein or add some pizzaz to your fish tacos!