This feels pretty fancy, folks. And it’s SO easy and delicious. I bought frozen lobster, thawed it, and sautéed it in butter and garlic, added some spring veggies, tossed in the pasta, and topped with lots of lemon juice and zest. This would be fantastic with shrimp or scallops as well. Seafood is really something we should all be eating more of – it’s a fantastic source of protein, zinc, selenium and copper, along with other hard-to-get vitamins and minerals.
Lemony Lobster Pasta with Spring Vegetables
1 lb lobster meat
1/2 lb gluten-free spaghetti pasta (I like the Jovial brand)
2 small/1 large lemon, zested and juiced
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. white wine, chicken broth or water
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 pint cherry tomatos, halved
1 handful basil, chopped
Salt and pepper
Parmesan + red chili flakes (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, toss with butter, and set aside when finished.
- On medium, melt 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute
- Add lobster and cook 1-2 minutes
- Add asparagus and cherry tomatoes, along with liquid of choice and cook another 5-7 minutes, just until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add pasta, lemon juice and zest, along with 1 tbsp. of butter to the pan. Toss until well coated and heated through. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!