Simple, Delicious Salad Dressing
Because healthy store-bought dressings are hard to come by, I often make my own! It’s more cost-effective, quick and easy, and tastes better!
This is my go-to, shake it up in 2 minutes, salad dressing that is good on everything. I love trying new, fun dressings, but most of the time I don’t have the time to whip up something new and creative. I almost always have this in my fridge so it makes salads that much easier to make at lunch or dinnertime.
Here’s what you need:
- small jar or container with tight-fitting lid
- 1/4-1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil, based on your preference for a more or less acidic dressing
- 1/4 c. raw apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg’s)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp. honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add EVOO and vinegar – I often eyeball the salad dressing so it’s at least half EVOO and half apple cider vinegar – sometimes I do more olive oil if I want a less acidic base.
- Add mustard, honey (if using), and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Garlic or shallots is another good addition if you have an extra minute or two to spare!
- Shake shake shake! The mustard acts as an emulsifier, creating a creamy salad dressing.
- Toss with your salad of choice or roasted or steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Want to see me make this? View my short video on Instagram!